Saturday, March 16, 2019

Seeing project from a different perspective

March 16, 2019

Group meeting
So each member from each group were divided into different groups where we shared our project and received/gave advices. This group meeting was this past friday which lasted about an hour and a half. I heard really cool ideas from other groups and ones that seemed quite interesting. Fortunately, I was happy to hear that all the members that I was assigned with thought our idea was delightful and compelling. I talked about the props we are working on, our film opening upcoming dates, and most importantly the beginning and the plot of our film opening. I discussed with the group the different shots we were doing and asked if they thought of ways I can improve upon them.

Recommendations given to me
-  The team and I were thinking of using Alexis (a girl in our group) as the mom of psychopath but one of the members in the group meeting said to use someone’s mom instead of Alexis to be more professional and for it to be easier to understand that it’s the guy’s mom.
-  Since our project requires a lot of time because of everything we have to keep in mind and work on, another group member said to use Youtube Audio Library for our clock ticking, water dripping, door slam, and pencil tapping sounds instead of actually making these sounds to save some time.
- I was also recommended to not put the title of the movie right after the cemetery shots to not create a trailer vibe which seems reasonable.
-  Lastly, someone else added that it’s extremely important to differentiate the flashback like scenes from the rest so that they audience is not confused about it and that it will be essential to make that differentiation very clear.

I actually found all these advice to be helpful and will be sharing them with my team and considering them for the future. However, I had received a lot of positive feedback. The people in the group were really agreeing with the ideas I was explaining to them. For example, they were saying the symbol is a really cool idea to have and the close up shots of the symbol in the dead bodies will be cool to see.

Is there any of these recommendations you think will not really help? Do you have any you want to share? Feel free to say it in the comments down below!

Stay tuned! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment